Topics & Learning Outcomes
- Understand and apply your mission, vison, and values to decision making and workplace problem-solving. Identify strategies to ensure they employ ethical decision-making.
- Understand Emotional Intelligence (EQ), how to improve your EQ, and how to build more productive workplace relationships based on EQ.
- Encourage the use of positive conflict within your teams to stimulate innovation and create an entrepreneurial culture. Apply the C.A.L.M. model when dealing with negative conflict and minimize impact.
- Apply employee performance management concepts in the workplace to improve individual and team productivity.
- Engage others in evaluating a performance problem and how best to solve that problem.
- Conducting Performance Reviews
- Ethical Decision-making
- Overcoming Negative Conflict
- Setting SMART Goals
- Time and Stress Management
- Using Positive Conflict
- Workplace Safety
Leading Edge LearningSM online courses offered in conjunction with the workshop are Delegation and Employee Performance Management. Download the full catalog of Leading EdgeLearningSMcourses available below.
Leading Edge Learning Catalog
The Leading Edge Learning catalog provides you with a comprehensive view of all online courses and programs available.
Customizable and Flexible
Your training program should meet your unique needs. Peregrine provides you with several ways to customize your workshop or training program.
- Include online courses to enrich your program and keep workshop time focused on application.
- Most workshops can be conducted in two full days in a row. Need to break it up? No problem. You can offer the workshop in 4-hour blocks to accommodate the availability of leaders and employees.
- Combine this workshop with others as part of a series. We recommend providing workshops every 2-3 months to allow time for practice and reflection.
- Add EvaluSkills: Workplace Skills Assessment to collect 360-degree feedback, promote individual growth and development, and identify areas for additional training on an organizational level.
- Include other assessments to help participants understand how their personality and strengths impact their relationships and behaviors in the workplace, including the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI®), Smalley Trent Personality Test, Enneagram, Social Styles Assessment, and Strength Finders.
Need us to cover a specific topic? Peregrine has a rich library of leadership content to help you address any need. Choose from any of the topics below. Each topic is about two additional workshop hours.
+ Business Model Canvas and Appreciative Inquiry
+ Communicating Non-Defensively
+ Compliance in the Workplace
+ Conflict Management
+ Continuous Quality Improvement
+ Generations in the Workplace
+ HR Fundamentals for non-HR Professionals
+ Leadership through the Stages in Team Development
+ Leading Change
+ Organizational Culture and Assessment
+ Performance Appraisals
+ Presentation Skills
+ Prevention of Harassment & Discrimination
+ Quality Customer Service
+ Safety in the Workplace
+ Strategic and Organizational Planning
+ Succession Planning
+ Supervisors Training Program (STP) from the National Contractors Association
+ Team Leadership
+ Team Rules and Team Governance
+ The Barriers to Change
+ The Code of the West – Cowboy Ethics
+ The Management Grid
+ The Step-up Supervisor
+ Time Management
+ Unity of Effort
+ Workplace Communications
+ Would I Inspire Me?
+ Would I Manage Me?
+ Would I Work for Me?
What Sets Peregrine Apart
Peregrine is your guide. We are here to ensure every individual we encounter has the knowledge and skills needed to reach their full potential. We know that the path through leadership is not always easy, but we are here to make it possible.
Peregrine facilitators focus strongly on workplace application. Application is taught through engaging discussions after watching films, videos, and short clips that demonstrate and reinforce concepts. Also, the use of films prevents the need for role-playing – keeping the training positive and comfortable.
Each participant receives a Personal Leadership Development Plan and a workbook. The Personal Leadership Development Plan allows you to document key takeaways and identify specific action items. The workbook includes all the presentation content so that you can easily take notes and refer back to what you have learned.
Ready to develop your customized training solution? Contact Us!
Each of Peregrine’s facilitators for the supervisor and manager workshops has practical experience and expertise in supervision and management. Each of us has been a supervisor and manager and know very well the challenges, responsibilities, and opportunities associated with leading teams. Get to know some of our educators below.
Olin O. Oedekoven, Ph.D.
Leveraging nearly 40 years of leadership and education experience, Dr. Olin Oedekoven develops values-based leaders and impacts the quality of education worldwide. Founder of Peregrine Global Services, Dr. Oedekoven took the company from a leadership seminar in a living room in 2003 to a globally recognized corporation serving more than 150 business & industry partners and over 500 higher education institutions. Because of his entrepreneurial spirit, he has successfully guided the Peregrine team to improve and create services, including programmatic assessment services, online instructional modules used to develop business acumen and essential soft skills, and various leadership and professional development services.
Dr. Oedekoven earned his MBA and Ph.D. in business and public administration from Northcentral University and later a post-doctoral specialization in human resource management. He also has an MSS degree in Strategic Studies from the US Army War College and an MS degree in Wildlife Management from the University of Wyoming. Olin earned his bachelor’s degree in wildlife and fisheries sciences from South Dakota State University. Dr. Oedekoven’s exceptional leadership can partly be attributed to his 33-year military career, where he served in various staff and command positions before retiring as Brigadier General. He has co-authored four books on leadership, is a Fulbright Specialist, and teaches doctoral-level courses for a university in Switzerland and masters-level courses for universities in Poland. Dr. Oedekoven is known for his hands-on approach to leadership as he desires to share his knowledge and wisdom at every level and across multiple dimensions.
Matthew Ramey, M.B.A
Matthew Ramey, Chief Financial Officer, is a solutions-oriented leader who values collaboration, communication, and aligning organizational processes with strategic goals and shared values. Matt consistently promotes excellence and strategic transformation in the public, government, and private sectors by drawing from nearly 35 years of experience in higher education, financial operations, technology, human resources, budget management, and leadership. His breadth and depth of knowledge allow him to solve complex problems through innovative and team-based methods.
Mr. Ramey holds three degrees, including a Master of Business Administration from Franklin University in Columbus, Ohio, and is currently working on his Doctorate in Educational Leadership A.B.D. at the University of Wyoming. At Peregrine, Matt is best known by his team for his innate ability to coach and drive others to reach their greatest potential.