In nearly any workplace situation, writing is something you will be expected to do continuously and expected to do well. Your writing style will indicate your level of professionalism and can garner respect for you and your organization.
This course teaches the basics of writing a business letter, preparing a report, writing for a publication, and choosing appropriate methods or technology to send your message. These tools can increase writing effectiveness in the business world and beyond.
Learner Hours: 3-5 hours | SHRM PDCs: 3
What will you learn?
- How to write business correspondence in the correct format to effectively convey the intended message and purpose.
- Proper grammar and punctuation in professional correspondence.
- Best practices for using email as a means of communication, including the legal implications of emailing.
- How to write concise and clear business letters and emails.
- The essential and required elements of a technical report.
Who is this course for?
- Supervisors, managers, and employees interested in sharpening their writing skills.
- Those who need to learn the fundamentals of effective communication for business.