You will learn the foundations and fundamentals of business accounting, including basic financial statement analysis, analytical measures, corporate annual reports, capital investment analysis, internal controls, budgeting, and performance measures. In this course, you will gain a comprehensive overview of the business accounting function.
Learner Hours: 3-5 hours | SHRM PDCs: 3
What will you learn?
- Financial statement analysis to assess the solvency and profitability of a business.
- The contents of corporate annual reports and how they are used.
- Capital investment proposals using the following methods: average rate of return, cash payback, net present value, and internal rate of return.
- The objectives and elements of internal control.
- Nonfinancial performance measures.
Who is this course for?
- Supervisors and managers who need to develop business management skills.
- Anyone who needs a refresher on the fundamentals of accounting and business, such as bookkeepers and auditing clerks.
- Those who need to accurately prepare financial accounts for the organization, including entrepreneurs and business owners.