The job of a supervisor is to accomplish established goals – legally, ethically, and safely. Workforce compliance ensures your team understands and follows all laws, company policies, and regulations that apply to daily job responsibilities. Compliance violations can result in fines, penalties, lawsuits, and loss of reputation. Instead of learning lessons the hard way, this course will allow you to create an environment where employees can thrive. In this unit, you will learn more about various federal acts related to workplace compliance and understand the supervisor’s role in workplace safety.
This unit includes an online course and a 2 hour live or on-demand seminar presented by our experts in leadership. Understanding Leadership is one unit within the full 12-unit program – Your Bridge to Supervision. To learn more about or purchase the full program visit the Your Bridge to Supervision page.
6-8 Learner Hours | 5 SHRM PDCs | 3.5 POST hrs | .5 Wyoming Professional Standards Credits
What will you learn?
- A overview of the American Disabilities Act, Family Medical Leave Act, Equal Employment Opportunity, and HIPAA compliance.
- How to know if you are required to follow Affirmative Action Plan.
- Your responsibilities towards discrimination and harassment situations.
- The value of diversity as a workplace multiplier for your organization.
- The legal requirements for reporting and preventing sexual harassment.
- How to manage a safe workplace environment.
Who is this course for?
- Newly selected supervisors.
- Individuals developing skills for a future supervisory role.
- Individuals making the transition to a supervisory role.
- Leaders who need a refresher course on supervision.