Embrace your leadership power. Leadership is about earning trust and respect through modeled behaviors and actions. Leaders must recognize the value that employees bring to the organization, harness their potential, and guide them towards achieving a well-communicated vision. In this unit, you will learn the values, skills, and actions associated with supervision and being a leader. Learners will use what is learned in this course to develop their own leadership skills.
This unit includes an online course and a 2 hour live or on-demand seminar presented by our experts in leadership. Understanding Leadership is one unit within the full 12-unit program – Your Bridge to Supervision. To learn more about or purchase the full program visit the Your Bridge to Supervision page.
6-8 Learner Hours | 5 SHRM PDCs | 3.5 POST hrs | .5 Wyoming Professional Standards Credits
What will you learn?
- Your leadership values and attributes.
- How to apply your definition of leadership in your role as a supervisor.
- Crucial leadership skills and actions in your current work environment.
- Pygmalion Leadership.
- The power of expectations in performance management.
- The leader’s role in establishing expectations for the team members.
Who is this course for?
- Newly selected supervisors.
- Individuals developing skills for a future supervisory role.
- Individuals making the transition to a supervisory role.
- Leaders who need a refresher course on supervision.