You are a great employee, and now you want to become a great leader. Understanding your new leadership role is more than how to interact with others and assign work. It also includes understanding the organization’s structure and how it best provides your goods and services. In this unit, you will learn the values, skills, and actions associated with becoming a supervisor and being a leader. Understand organizational structure, and the basics of business finance and human resource management, will support your successful leadership transition.
This unit includes an online course and a 2 hour live or on-demand seminar presented by our experts in leadership. Supervising Your Team is one unit within the full 12-unit program – Your Bridge to Supervision. To learn more about or purchase the full program visit the Your Bridge to Supervision page.
6-8 Learner Hours | 5 SHRM PDCs | 3.5 POST hrs | .5 Wyoming Professional Standards Credits
What will you learn?
- How to evaluate organizational structure and effectiveness in broad terms.
- The principles of financial management.
- Your leadership role in business finances.
- The functional requirements for Human Resource Management.
- How to understand your motivation for becoming a leader.
- How to explain leadership tools and continuing leadership development.
Who is this course for?
- Newly selected supervisors.
- Individuals developing skills for a future supervisory role.
- Individuals making the transition to a supervisory role.
- Leaders who need a refresher course on supervision.