Learn to create an environment where employees are motivated to use their unique talents and skills to get the job done well. While employees are responsible for completing tasks, the supervisor is accountable for maintaining safety and upholding standards. In this unit, you will learn to focus on planning, communicating, and motivating the team, and delegate operational activities to grow the skills of others. It also examines areas related to supervising a team and is recommended for anyone new to supervision.
This unit includes an online course and a 2 hour live or on-demand seminar presented by our experts in leadership. Supervising Your Team is one unit within the full 12-unit program – Your Bridge to Supervision. To learn more about or purchase the full program visit the Your Bridge to Supervision page.
6-8 Learner Hours | 5 SHRM PDCs | 3.5 POST hrs | .5 Wyoming Professional Standards Credits
What will you learn?
- The tools for people development to build an effective team.
- Techniques to improve meeting effectiveness.
- How to increase participation from team members.
- The nature of conflict in teams and how to manage through to a resolution.
- How to teach team leaders how to manage conflict within the team.
- How to organize and lead your team successfully.
Who is this course for?
- Newly selected supervisors.
- Individuals developing skills for a future supervisory role.
- Individuals making the transition to a supervisory role.
- Leaders who need a refresher course on supervision.