Success as a supervisor is closely related to understanding who you are and how to best approach different people and situations. As you work to improve your supervisory skills, use this unit to learn how to identify your personality type and the personality types of your team members, understand your leadership style and how it applies to the workplace, and develop practical strategies for time management and stress reduction.
This unit includes an online course and a 2 hour live or on-demand seminar presented by our experts in leadership. Preparing for the Supervisory Challenge is one unit within the full 12-unit program – Your Bridge to Supervision. To learn more about or purchase the full program visit the Your Bridge to Supervision page.
6-8 Learner Hours | 5 SHRM PDCs | 3.5 POST hrs | .5 Wyoming Professional Standards Credits
What will you learn?
- How to identify your personality type and know the potential personality types for your team members.
- The power of diversity in the workplace.
- Situational leadership and how it applies to the workplace.
- The leadership style/approach to use in various situations to achieve the results you want to achieve.
- How to better plan, organize, and execute strategies for improving your time management.
- Stress management techniques to help you with your health and your leadership effectiveness.
Who is this course for?
- Newly selected supervisors.
- Individuals developing skills for a future supervisory role.
- Individuals making the transition to a supervisory role.
- Leaders who need a refresher course on supervision.