Find success by investing in the success of your team. The higher you climb up the leadership ladder, the more you will depend on others’ success and strengths to achieve key objectives and goals. Whether you are on-boarding entry-level hires or working with a long-standing team, there are essential measures that supervisors can use to develop a strong, cohesive team. In this unit, you will learn how to effectively develop your teams, including teaching/training, coaching/mentoring, motivating/inspiring, and valuing generational diversity.
This unit includes an online course and a 2 hour live or on-demand seminar presented by our experts in leadership. Developing Your Team is one unit within the full 12-unit program – Your Bridge to Supervision. To learn more about or purchase the full program visit the Your Bridge to Supervision page.
6-8 Learner Hours | 5 SHRM PDCs | 3.5 POST hrs | .5 Wyoming Professional Standards Credits
What will you learn?
- The adult learning process.
- How to develop training program.
- How to employ feedback tools to measure the effectiveness of your training program.
- How to become a good mentor.
- New ways to inspire and motivate employees and teams.
- General characteristics of the generations in the workplace and what leadership strategies to employ for each.
Who is this course for?
- Newly selected supervisors.
- Individuals developing skills for a future supervisory role.
- Individuals making the transition to a supervisory role.
- Leaders who need a refresher course on supervision.