Develop a continuous quality improvement program to ensure that all team members, employees, managers, and other stakeholders feel consistently empowered to improve efforts and results. Continuous quality improvement (CQI) is a quality management philosophy that encourages all team members to ask what can be done better continuously. Although CQI focuses on people, data drives the search for problems and captures improvements. In this unit, you will understand the continuous improvement process, know the tools available to you for your work, and employ sound team procedures.
This unit includes an online course and a 2 hour live or on-demand seminar presented by our experts in leadership. Continuous Quality Improvement is one unit within the full 12-unit program – Your Bridge to Supervision. To learn more about or purchase the full program visit the Your Bridge to Supervision page.
6-8 Learner Hours | 5 SHRM PDCs | 3.5 POST hrs | .5 Wyoming Professional Standards Credits
What will you learn?
- How to implement the quality management improvement processes with your team.
- How to apply the leadership concepts for improving work quality.
- Techniques for problem solving and apply the best approach to your specific needs and situations.
- The basics of ROI so that you can understand how to calculate the return required on investments.
- How to recognize the job satisfaction needs of your employees.
- Know how to conduct both a formal and informal After Action Review and implement the results.
Who is this course for?
- Newly selected supervisors.
- Individuals developing skills for a future supervisory role.
- Individuals making the transition to a supervisory role.
- Leaders who need a refresher course on supervision.