Be the type of leader that inspires and motivates others. Leadership is about earning trust and respect through modeled behaviors and actions. One of the most challenging transitions in one’s leadership journey is when a person becomes directly in charge of others — assuming the role of a supervisor or team manager.
This 12-unit series teaches the values, skills, and actions associated with supervision and being a leader. Complete the units independently or in sequence.
Learner Hours: 55-60 hours | SHRM PDCs: 40
What will you learn?
- How to create a brand for your leadership and supervision.
- How the workplace environment affects team success.
- Make the mental transition from individual contributor to a leader and increase the effectiveness of communication.
- The process of performance management to develop a strong and robust team.
- Ethics, stakeholder engagement, quality improvement, HR basics, business finance, communications, and time management.
Who is this course for?
- Newly selected supervisors.
- Individuals developing skills for a future supervisory role.
- Individuals making the transition to a supervisory role.
- Leaders who need a refresher course on supervision.