Career management is the overall design or pattern of one’s career, shaped by goals and interests and identifiable by positions that embody those goals and interests. It is a sequential process that starts from an understanding of yourself and encompasses occupational awareness.
This course will develop your understanding, knowledge, actions, and skills to help you more effectively manage your career. You will learn how to set career goals, understand the steps to reach them, and create a more fulfilling life.
Learner Hours: 15 hours | SHRM PDCs: 15
What will you learn?
- How to enter the workforce environment with a career management mindset.
- How to be accountable, responsible, and avoid workplace pitfalls.
- The employer’s perspectives and expectations on career management and succession planning.
- Employer branding and the employee’s role in supporting that brand to make informed career decisions.
Who is this course for?
- Employees and high-potential team members who need to understand how to take personal responsibility for their career.
- Individuals who are early in their career and wish to learn about career management.
- Supervisors and managers who are interested in navigating to the next step in their career.