Applied research projects are typically structured around a research approach that includes a topic, problem statement, research questions, hypotheses, statistical testing, and analysis of the results. Quantitative, case study, and mixed methods research approaches typically follow this scientific method for research.
The purpose of this program is to teach the scientific methodology for applied research and the use of statistics for hypothesis testing.
Brought to you by Peregrine Pathways, you will receive access to an engaging online course and an on-demand seminar focused on application and hosted by our leadership and business experts.
Learner Hours: 28 | 28 SHRM PDCs
What will you learn?
- The types of applied research and the use of statistics in applied research.
- How to use a data analysis tool pack and add-ons in Excel.
- How to use the basic functions in Excel.
- How to calculate and report descriptive statistics for a data set.
- The meaning of the term significance.
- How to use statistical tables.
- How to create a problem statement based on a research topic.
- How to perform common tests including Chi-square, Spearman’s Rank Correlation, t-Test, ANOVA, MANOVA, and a Regression test.
Who is this course for?
- Business Researchers
- Business Analytics Specialists