Ethics permeates all levels of our organizations. Evidence suggests that ethical organizations outperform their peers on key performance metrics. Whether we like it or not, we face ethical dilemmas in all aspects of life. Resolving ethical dilemmas is challenging and requires adherence to time-tested principles. This course explores the reality and understanding of corporate ethics. It will teach you how to address ethical dilemmas and choose the most appropriate course of action. And it will provide you the tools to develop a framework for ethical corporate behavior and corporate citizenship.
This course comes from the 8-unit program, Leading Organizations. To learn more about or purchase the full program visit the Leading Organizations page.
Learner Hours: 4-6 | 4 SHRM PDCs
What will you learn?
- The meaning of ethics and the principles governing business ethics.
- Why it is important for organizations and individuals to be ethical.
- How to apply ethical principles to resolve dilemmas that arise in an organization.
- How to develop a framework for corporate ethics.
- Ethical dilemmas and how to choose the most appropriate course of action.
- The concept of corporate citizenship and the Natural Step Framework.
Who is this course for?
- Managers transitioning into a senior leadership role.
- Junior Executives building skills to lead a department or division.
- Senior Executives striving to expand their skills and broaden their strategic analysis abilities.